No waveform shown while recording

MarioEC

Hello, a Newbie sound recordist here.
Using 4 mikes through Zoom R24 and USB audio interface to laptop running Reaper. When I begin recording only see flatline on all 4 tracks. Although I have read the manual (most of it) there is something I am missing.
*The mikes are on
*Zoom 24 levels set
*Record armed in Reaper

Any thoughts, oh wise ones?

-Is the source of your armed track set to the mic input you're using?

-Does the mic require phantom power that you're not giving it?

-Is the source of your armed track set to the mic input you're using?

-Does the mic require phantom power that you're not giving it?

I think the answer to my problem is the first. Have been using project templates using different inputs. Will read more manual and try again. thanks.

I have the same issue but on playback, I was trying to do something and have no idea how I did it, when playing back a song the wave form is frozen , the song plays like normal. Have no idea how to get it back.:mad:

I have the same issue but on playback, I was trying to do something and have no idea how I did it, when playing back a song the wave form is frozen , the song plays like normal. Have no idea how to get it back.:mad:

What do you mean the 'wave form is frozen'?

I have a weird glitch where the track records like it normally should, but the waveform graphic is entirely missing from the track lane. Happens about 1 time out of every 50 that I hit record... never bothered me too much- if I hit rec and see it happening, I just stop and start again, and everything's normal.

There is a setting somewhere in preferences to determine when it generates the waveform image. If it's glitching, I'd recommend messing with those settings (maybe set it to generate as late as possible)

Quitting and restoring the project should regenerate them too.

If you're not hearing anything, then you need to look into your input settings.

Back