New to Reaper, having issues!

VonGrimm Music

Hey guys.

I recently made the switch from Mixcraft 7 to Reaper as Mixcraft's sound engine has been giving me troubles with latency.
But enough about that.

I've spent a good few hours getting Reaper set up, got my templates going and tested out recording some guitar. But every time I track guitar, the recorded tracks seem to nudge back a little in the timeline.
I don't want to have to scrub everything little thing I record a couple pixels forward in the timeline just to get them back in time.

When I say nudge back in the timeline, I mean going back in the timeline. Playing too early.

Is there a fix for this?

You should be able to manually set the record latency correction. You can determine the amount of time by looping the output back to the input and measuring the offset.

You should be able to manually set the record latency correction. You can determine the amount of time by looping the output back to the input and measuring the offset.

Thank you so much. Thankfully I didn't need to do that much and could just uncheck 'Use audio driver reported latency' but that will be so handy if I do come across latency issues in future!

What audio interface are you using, and do you have current drivers for it? Make sure you have lowered the measured latency by adjusting your buffer setting.

Sometimes they report funny money, including hidden safety buffers so their figures look good in marketing. REAPER can only autoadjust to what the manufacturer says. But as stated above, you can loopback check yourself and set it perfect

Back