MultiDisk Recording in Reaper.

ShanPeyton

I need an adult!!! Or at leasta second set of eyes for confirmation.

In reading this, am i to understand that if i do not want to record streaming audio signals to my SSD and rather record it to my second HDD, i would leave the primary and secondary paths blank, and simply save the .rpp project file to a folder on my secondary drive?

I don't want to read or write any tracked audio to my SDD. IS this how i would go about making sure i do not do that ?

It can not be that easy can it? :confused:

You can record the audio for your projects to any location you choose and you can also save the .rpp file to anywhere you choose. It's all up to you and how you want to work it and manage your files.

I personally record to an external drive. When starting a project in Reaper I go to File>>>Save Project As and make a new folder in that explorer window, where I want my project saved. (e.g. D:\Recordings) I usually save all my audio in the same folder but in a sub folder called Audio or Media Files. Then you have a folder for your project files and any other saved mix variations. etc and another for all your audio.

To set the audio to record to another folder, when you've created your project, go to File>>>Project Settings then to the Media tab in the pop up window. In there you have the Path To Save Media Files option and you can set this to anywhere you want. As above, I create a Media/Audio Files folder and save to there.

I hope this is what you meant. :thumbs up:

Back