MP3 metadata info?

YanKleber

Retired
Every time I render a song to MP3 format I have to fill in all the MP3 metadata. Currently the only way I know to do this is by loading the song into Winamp, then right-click the track in the playlist, choose the option 'view file info' and fill in the forms. I am sure that this is probably the dumb way to deal with it though.

I wouldn't care to do that once for each track (as I would have to do it anyway) but the problem is that if I need to re-render a song I have to enter all the info again.

There is any place (or a plugin or whatever) in Reaper where I can enter MP3 metadata and keep it there so I don't have to fill it up again and again? Or maybe some kind of application to manage tunes metadata?

Thanks!

:)

I don't know if there's a way to retain that info, but you don't have to open the file in Winamp. In WinXP I just right-click on the file, select Properties, click the Summary tab, click the Advanced button and enter the data.

I don't know if there's a way to retain that info, but you don't have to open the file in Winamp. In WinXP I just right-click on the file, select Properties, click the Summary tab, click the Advanced button and enter the data.

Cool, thanks for the info!

:thumbs up:

It would be nice if we could keep a database of our tunes in production then in case of re-render the song it would just browse the file, select its profile and apply the data. I am surprised that there is not an application to do that. I had googling around and couldn't find any.

:(

Cool, thanks for the info!

:thumbs up:

It would be nice if we could keep a database of our tunes in production then in case of re-render the song it would just browse the file, select its profile and apply the data. I am surprised that there is not an application to do that. I had googling around and couldn't find any.

:(

You could put it in a small text document and paste it back into the summary.

I found it. The name is MP3 TAG RESTORE.

Basically it is an application to backup/restore mp3 tags that stores the data into an MDB database, so anyone that has MS-Office or Libre Office will be fine.

The program is a bit ackward (and ugly) but it is simple once you learn how to use it. I spent about 5 minutes making a couple tests to understand it.

For whose be interested:

Download program Tag Backup & Restore by Keve Zoller

Enjoy!

I found it. The name is MP3 TAG RESTORE.

Basically it is an application to backup/restore mp3 tags that stores the data into an MDB database, so anyone that has MS-Office or Libre Office will be fine.

The program is a bit ackward (and ugly) but it is simple once you learn how to use it. I spent about 5 minutes making a couple tests to understand it.

For whose be interested:

Download program Tag Backup & Restore by Keve Zoller

Enjoy!

Is it really that much faster than just, you know, entering a few fields over again?

For some reason I've yet to work out some of my tunes in Win Explorer don't actually give me access to the meta data...

I use a freebie program called MP3 Stamper anyway, from memory.

Is it really that much faster than just, you know, entering a few fields over again?

Well, for me it is. It may be simple just to re-enter the text if you are dealing with a single song. But what if are several ones? Also beside the fact that I hate to keep redoing things I think that there is not a point to keep memorizing things if a program can do it for me.

And on a side note, I, personally, have a big problem on memorize things -- really really REALLY bad memory.

:facepalm:

Back