Metronome Time Signature

Erockrazor

I mix in (2x) real-time
How can you configure the metronome to count in different time signatures?

Default is 4/4. I want to change it. Any help? I couldn't find it on the Wiki.

Thanks, Eric.:confused::)

are you using protools??

if you are to change the time signiture, look in the top left of the edit window where there are the minutes/seconds etc rulers. there should be tempo and meter rulers there. click on the + on the meter ruler, this will bring up another window that allows you to add a time signiture. it also has a bit for bars:beats:ticks so you can place time changes through out the track.

if its not protools sorry for wasting your time

are you using protools??

if you are to change the time signiture, look in the top left of the edit window where there are the minutes/seconds etc rulers. there should be tempo and meter rulers there. click on the + on the meter ruler, this will bring up another window that allows you to add a time signiture. it also has a bit for bars:beats:ticks so you can place time changes through out the track.

if its not protools sorry for wasting your time

Yeah dude, I'll show ya cuz your new, he's posting in the Reaper forum, so it's reaper not PT. But, I'll vouch for ya and say that if it were PT your advice is 100% correct!
James

sorry, you can see im new! not to great with this whole posting thing! just presumed it was pro tools cos of the "pro tools looser"

Thanks for your advice Alibrown, you are indeed correct but as Jimmy mentioned, I'm intended to ask in regards to Reaper. Yes I do use pro-tools, or at least I have it but my computer isn't running it well so Reaper is my go to right now. I'm relearning it a bit...

But, does anyone know how to change meter/time signature in Reaper? Everything else about the metronome feature is so nice!

For those who come upon this through search, I found out how to change the meter or time signature of the metronome and grid.

Right click around the timeline (where seconds and measures are displayed) and select "Insert Time Signature Marker". Then check "Set Time Signature" and input your intended meter.

You can change meter by using "Insert Time Signature Marker" on your desired measure and setting a different meter. When using this method, you will change the meter from the time signature marker, on (until it reaches another time signature marker).

Hope this eventually helps someone, as it has helped me! :eek::)

Thanks, Eric

You can set it for the whole project too.

alt+enter to open the project menu.
One of the tabs lets you set the bpm and time signature. (I actually default my projects to 1440 bpm by 12/12).

But yes, you can set it with a time signature change marker as well.

Back