Me again..... Monitor question.

rose62

I've connected an external monitor to my laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad) and I'd like to have my tracks on one screen and my mixer on the other. Can this be done? How?

In control panels, Display. With additional monitor connected both should show up in the Display as monitor 1 and 2. Laptops default to mirroring so you have to change to "extended" which is the default for desktops. Then it just depends on which DAW youre using on how to split the two windows(edit and mix)

Rose,
If you have "extended" the two monitors to report as 1 & 2, what you have done, essentially, is created a monitor that is double the screen width. Open the tracks and drag (click/hold tool bar at top of tracks window) them to the right... It should slide onto Monitor 2. Then, open the Mixer and leave it on Monitor 1. Resize the windows to taste.
Dale

If your daw doesn't allow the mixer to be outside the program window, you will have to grab the right edge of the daw window and drag it across the other monitor. Then just spread out the mixer on one screen and leave the tracks on the other.

Note: you will need to take the daw window out of full screen mode by hitting the button just to the left of the x in the upper right corner.

Back