Lexicon Audio Interface problem

Ianuarius

I bought this cheap Lexicon Alpha audio interface (with 75 EUR) and I haven't quite been able to get it work yet. It plays everything ok (I've got my speakers plugged in its headphones output) but trying to record anything with Reaper is a pain in the ass.

First of all I can't use its native ASIO drivers since Reaper just keeps bugging me about some buffers:

There was an error while opening your audio hardware:

Error initializing buffers.

Would you like to view your audio device configuration?​

So I'm using ASIO4ALL because I have to. Now I was trying to record something with my midi keyboard but when I turn monitoring the output on Reaper plays it thru my laptop speakers instead of my "real" speakers.

I can't figure this shit out. Why does Reaper keep bugging me about those buffers? I read somewhere that I can't use the Lexicon Alpha ASIO drivers if some other program is open and using them already... but that's a bunch of bullshit. I bought the damn thing to make my life easier and up til now it's only made it more difficult.

What am I doing wrong?

I've got Windows 7 (64 bit) and ASIO4ALL 2.10 and Reaper 3.75 (64 bit).

I did download the drivers from Lexicon site.

USB Sound Device is the default playback device. The Realtek HD Audio Speakers aren't plugged in.

In recording devices Lexicon Alpha In/Out is default device.

I tried asking Other Equipment and Reviews forum but there it was suggested that this might be more of a Reaper problem.

I did download the drivers from Lexicon site.

USB Sound Device is the default playback device. The Realtek HD Audio Speakers aren't plugged in.

In recording devices Lexicon Alpha In/Out is default device.

I tried asking Other Equipment and Reviews forum but there it was suggested that this might be more of a Reaper problem.

The windows level audio devices you reference are not ASIO based, but use a higher latency WDM driver.

In reaper make sure you are selecting ASIO as the audio system driver and them select the Lexicon as the ASIO driver.
ASIO - CockosWiki

Yes, I have. I said I can't use the native ASIO drivers. That results in that error message each time I try doing something in Reaper and I can't get any signal in or out.

Could you point out where I referenced windows level audio devices? That USB Sound Device? Well in its properties and levels tab it says Lexicon Alpha In/Out, so I'm guessing the USB Sound Device that is selected as default is the Lexicon Alpha USB audio interface since the Lexicon Alpha audio interface uses USB.

Could you point out where I referenced windows level audio devices? That USB Sound Device? Well in its properties and levels tab it says Lexicon Alpha In/Out, so I'm guessing the USB Sound Device that is selected as default is the Lexicon Alpha USB audio interface since the Lexicon Alpha audio interface uses USB.

It sounded like a windows reference when you mentioned "default playback and recording" devices. That's all.

Ok, whatever.

Anyone else have any ideas what might be wrong? I've been googling around a lot and no one seems to have any real answers.

Back