lexicon alpha & Reaper

I actually went from an Alpha to a Fast Track Pro because the Alpha was an insufferable piece of crap. Fast Track plays nice with Reaper and hasn't given me any problems yet!

ok

I actually went from an Alpha to a Fast Track Pro because the Alpha was an insufferable piece of crap. Fast Track plays nice with Reaper and hasn't given me any problems yet!

i have actually achieved pretty nice results with it, but i use SSL pres.
although i did have to update the driver, it was pretty useless without the update. Hopefully I'll be getting my MOTU pretty soon.

had an 003, but hated pro-tools
had a Q-10 Aardvark, but it became outdated

i can post a song i recorded using the alpha (upon request)

It wasn't the pres giving me problems, it was the drivers. If any (and I mean ANY) sound played before I opened up Reaper, Cubase, whatever, it would give me errors and I'd have to cycle power on the unit and hope that it coming back wouldn't make a sound (99% of the time it did) or reboot.

I have a Lexicon Omega and I used it on my PC with reaper. I always had problems with crackling and hissing and weird driver problems. Then I found out about a heating issue where a piece of metal is touching a ribbon on the inside and I fixed that and at the same time moved to a Macbook Pro and Garageband and I don't have any problems anymore.

I don't know if that has any relevance to your question but that has been my experience with Lexicon.

Back