i need help rendering my project to a cd

delah

Here's my problem. I record a simple guitar track and vocal track in reaper. so i want to make it into a wav file to burn to a cd. i choose the render option and have what i think are the basic selections for a cd chosen, such as such sample rate set to 44100 and .wav format and 16 bit, then hit okay and it makes a wav file in whatever directory i chose. then i can play it in windows media player with no problem but i cant burn it with widows media player because the error message says that it can not determine the length of the file, therefore it can't burn it. so someone said maybe it was a little of the vista voodoo and i should try the free product brrrn. i did this and brrrn does work somewhat, but as i add my wav files into brrrn i can't see how long they are and if they fit on the disc, which i can tell when i use other mp3 files that i didnt make myself. this means i have to try and add up the size of the files in megabytes and even when they seem to be well short of the cd size it doesn't always work. it shouldnt be this hard to put my recording onto a cd right? can anyone tell me where to look in the chain of events where i overlooked something? am i supposed to set some sort of a start and stop position in reaper for my recordings? any help would be so huge!
thanks!
jay

create regions in reaper by dragging a time selection and hitting shift-r

then chose file\render

for output format choose "Audio CD Image" from the drop down

in track mode chose "regions define tracks"

check "burn cd image after render"

and reaper should burn you a CD directly

okay. i'll give that a try, but that will only burn that one project or song onto a cd, and i want to have a bunch of my mixed down songs in some kind of format like wav or something so i can burn them onto a cd together later on. should i then just select the area like you said before i render to a wav file?
thanks for your help!

okay, that seems like maybe it will be a quick way around my problem for now, but when i start putting down multiple tracks for each song it's going to get awful confusing trying to put it all into one project. why am i having such trouble jus rendering each of my songs into a single wav file? :confused:

wtf!? :mad:

Why are you having problems rendering your songs to a single WAV file?

I would render each song to a WAV file. Then start a new Reaper project. Import each song into the same track. One after the other. Define a region for each track, then do what pipeline said...

okay, i see what you're saying. i'll work on giving that way a try. it makes sense the way you put it. that way i'll be using reaper to make the cd and every song goes into the same track. it still seems weird to me to that my wav files don't work with two different programs. what about rendering to mp3? will i really lose lots of sound quality using that format? i mean, my recordings are not high quality at all to start out with. i do want it to sound as good as possible, but will i honestly even notice? i guess this question could be up to much debate depending on how you record and what you use it for, so i guess i can kind of play around with it and see if it makes much difference for me. thanks for the input and the help!

jay

Back