How to slow down an instrumental track ?

seancfc

Hey guys :) I've been using Reaper for a long time now and i'm really enjoying it. I'm wanting to know how i can slow down an instrumental track without lowering the pitch?

I have also been wanting to know how to remove vocals out of a song, without EQ'ing it.

:guitar:

I'm not sure if there's a way to do it to a track, but there is a way to do it to an ITEM.(s) Right click on the item(s) and select ITEM PROPERTIES and you can adjust the playback rate. You'll also be able to click or un-click PRESERVE PITCH.

you can also do it for the whole project with the playback slider located right next to the project tempo.

If it's only one track you want to slow down, make sure the whole track is glued together and do what RAMI said.

If it's only one track you want to slow down, make sure the whole track is glued together.

True. Good point.:cool:

Either glue them together or just make sure you right-click and highlight all the parts you want changed.

Open the actions menu, look for words "tempo" and "master" and you should find an action that tells reaper to keep the track in tune while slowing down using the master speed control.
I would tell you the exact action but I'm not at my pc so I have no access to reaper, it must be easy to find! good luck

Open the actions menu, look for words "tempo" and "master" and you should find an action that tells reaper to keep the track in tune while slowing down using the master speed control.
I guess you didn't bother reading anything past the first post. :eek:

I see there's a comment saying you can preserve pitch for an item, but I'm talking about the master control, so that you don't need to apply "preserve pitch" to all the items individially.
That way you can just run the action "preserve pitch while changing master tempo control" (or something like that) and save the proyect template, and you'll never have to worry about it again.

I actually registered to this site just to thank you, sir. Well done. hahaha
Hopefully will get lots of good info around here.

Back