How to bounce tracks?

YanKleber

Retired
Hi!

Some times when I record electric guitar (specially arpeggios) I make it using two tracks to alternate chords specially when they are tricky (I record first chord in the first track, second chord in the second track, third chord in first track and so on...).

I would like to know how to bounce the two (or more) tracks into one then I don't have to deal with several tracks for a single instrument. In some cases I solve this problem by dragging all the media items from the second track to the first one and then delete the empty track. However it not always work for me. In certain cases -- and I don't know why -- when the media items overlaps each other Reaper cross fade them and it screws the final result.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Solo the tracks you want to bounce and render. Then mute those tracks and drag and drop the rendered file in. That way you can go back and re-mix your multi-tracks later if necessary.

Thanks for putting a light on it, Broken_H!

:D

Damn, I never thought of doing it because in my mind the rendering was associated to create the final version of the mix!

:p

You can also adjust the crossfade in Reaper if you do it the way you've been doing - but consider duplicating the tracks first, so that you can easily go back to the originals if needed.

Alternatively, highlight all the bits that you want to go onto one track, then go:

Item/Item Processing/implode items across tracks into items on one track.

Third (fourth? I've lost count) solution: Drag all the tracks into a separate "folder" track. Right click the folder track and click "Render to stems and mute originals"

Third (fourth? I've lost count) solution: Drag all the tracks into a separate "folder" track. Right click the folder track and click "Render to stems and mute originals"

One of the great things about Reaper is that there are so many different ways of achieving a desired result.

That seems like a straight forward, easy way to accomplish the task, keep the originals, etc. Nice!

We have to be just a little bit careful with this because pan laws stack as you pass through more tracks, so anything other than 0db could cause changes in overall level.

I guess I was more worried about it going the other way, but...

I have my settings to where these kind of render/freeze operations create 32 bit floating point files, so it can't actually clip.

Back