Hi: Anybody teach beginners how to get rolling with reaper in Las Vegas/Henderson?

Stringsouth

If so, how much do you charge? I'd be plugging guitar, bass, & mic into a Focusrite Scarlett Studio audio interface. My first time recording with a computer. The tutorials have been interesting.

You can probably figure it out with help from this forum and the Cockos forum. I'm a big believer in just diving into a new piece of software and learning as you go. What are you recording? What interface are you using to import audio signals into your computer? Have you tried setting up a test project and recording?

it was hard to see it because of the advertising, but in my original post I noted I'm

You can probably figure it out with help from this forum and the Cockos forum. I'm a big believer in just diving into a new piece of software and learning as you go. What are you recording? What interface are you using to import audio signals into your computer? Have you tried setting up a test project and recording?

using a focusrite scarlett interface, for my electric guitar, bass, electronic drum kit and vocals, but as I indicated I'm a novice computer user and reaper said it didn't recognized any driver when I chose asio as the audio device, so I never could get started. I unfortunately have a limited time frame is why I'm looking at paying someone to move me through this faster than I would otherwise move through it on my own.

Options: Preferences: Audio: Device should take you to the menu where you can select your focusrite, as I'm sure you've found. Don't know why it isn't showing up if you installed the drivers properly. You might try deleting and reinstalling the focusrite software just in case.

Once you've got Reaper recognizing your interface, you might just want to set up a project and try some test recordings. You'll see the button to set tempo and time signature bottom of the main screen, center. You'll need to set the input to a track in order to record. To do that, right click on the record arm button--the round red button to the left on track tab. You'll need to tell the track to take its input from the focusrite channel that you are using. There's also an option to set your monitoring--you'll want to set it to monitor unless you are monitoring through the focusrite's mixer.

Then press the big red record button and give it a try.

Reaper Vids.PNG
On the page where you download Reaper there are some excellent vids, by a very good instructor, These'll get you going!:guitar:

Back