Help.......screwed up Reaper view somehow !!!

GOT IT!!!!! Thanks to you Dale!!! Found the exclamation point on the mixer screen and fixed the problem. I can't thank you enough!!!

I saw your post pop up just as I was typing the "Exclamation Mark" is showing now... Glad it straightened up for you. It is MY pleasure to help.. I have walked in your shoes.

Now- snag me another picture so I can see what you wanted it to look like, when all said and done.
Dale

I saw your post pop up just as I was typing the "Exclamation Mark" is showing now... Glad it straightened up for you. It is MY pleasure to help.. I have walked in your shoes.

Now- snag me another picture so I can see what you wanted it to look like, when all said and done.
Dale

Brother....you certainly made my day! Here's how I wanted it to look. I have no idea how I screwed it up........just know it happened when I accidentally clicked right. Once again.....thank you so much Dale!!!Reaper Shot.JPG

They make that exclamation point WAY too small! I'd had a similar problem (moving from 2 screens to a single ultra-wide screen) and no matter how many times I read forum posts, I could never find that darn exclamation point. Finally I found it, all of 3 pixels tall, in the extreme lower left corner.

Brother....you certainly made my day!

Glad to help. I was trying to replicate your side-by-side view and was unsuccessful. Like I said, I've walked in your shoes and felt the frustration of trying to correct something that should really be simple. Heck- it was simple enough to break after all... why not be simple to fix?
Dale

Snipping tool is the best, but you can do a ctrl-printscreen. To get a screen shot. But you should find the snipping tool and lock it on your task bar, a very good tool. Just for future reference.

Snipping tool is the best, but you can do a ctrl-printscreen. To get a screen shot. But you should find the snipping tool and lock it on your task bar, a very good tool. Just for future reference.

If you try to do a contol p or print screen with Reaper on your screen..........in my case..........that only brought up the Reaper preferences menu. So...........your advice about the snipping tool is best.

Just FYI, you can drag those docked windows to any valid docker space any time you want. See how the mixer is actually a tab in that docker? If you left-click and just drag that tab itself around the edges of the screen, you'll see pretty clearly as different "zones" activate and show you where it will end up when you drop it.

Thanks ashcat.........good tip. I wish I knew what I did to cause the problem.....so I could avoid it in the future. I recall making an accidental right click somewhere......and then...........the problem.

I love Reaper and have been using it for years. So...........it will probably be years before it happens again and hopefully I'll remember how to correct it.

In Win7 go to Start Menu > All Programs> Reaper> Reaper(reset configuration to factory defaults)
Win 8.1 is similar. Must be same in Win 10 but I don't use it.

BTW if you get your setup the way you like it just go into : Options> Preferences> General> Export Configuration
Then if you mess up again just do the same but: Import Configuration.
You can of course save as many configurations as you like.
Cheers :-)

Back