Help.......screwed up Reaper view somehow !!!

Mickster

Hi everyone..........I clicked somewhere on my screen (win 7) and suddenly my Reaper view changed from having the tracks across the top of the screen (horizontal).......the transport bar below that..............and the mixer below that. The view I always had with Reaper.....never changed it.

Now I have the tracks horizontally across the top as before......with the transport bar where it was before.........under the tracks......but the mixer totally disappeared. I went to VIEW to see how to get it back.....I clicked on MIXER.....and can only get a floating screen of the mixer that rides on top of all the rest. I need it back to where it was as part of the whole screen under the transport bar. I think that was the default Reaper view.

This is really throwing me for a loop. What did I do and how can I fix it??

BTW.......did not save anything but that did not help.....and all my Reaper projects now have the same terrible view.

Mick,
(From memory) I think- if you will open the Mixer back up, you may see an exclamation mark on the tab. Right click over the exclamation mark and i think it opens the docker menu.
Let me know if that works... Meanwhile, I will check on my PC, when I can get it fired up.
Dale

Dale....thanks but I don't see an exclamation mark on the mixer window and I don't see a tab for it.

Dale...... V 5.43 x64 Do you think it would help if I updated? Maybe I could get the original view back.

Try to right-click in an open space, down in the docker window, to see if it pulls up your docker menu.

Tried right click but not sure what docker is or docker window. I do see some options for docker.

If I right click on the transport bar I get some options for the docker window but none of them worked.] to fix my view issue.

---------- Update ----------

You have the option to dock windows at "bottom?"

Yes........clicked on that but nothing changed.

That only put the transport on the bottom. There was nothing about docking "windows" at the bottom.

If I right click on the mixer window one option is to dock mixer in docker. That seems to put the mixer in the same window (not separate window) but off to the right side covering up the tracks (wavs). I can move it away from being over the tracks but then it can't be seen much.

When you open the (CTRL+M) mixer, in the floating window, if you right click in the floating window, do you get an option menu with "Dock Mixer in Docker" (last option at bottom of menu)?

Yes....but that moves the mixer to the right.....................covering the tracks unless I move it.

Docking the mixer in the docker does eliminate the mixer being in a window of its own...........but now how do I move it to under the transport bar? Thanks for helping and being so patient with me!!!

Can you post a picture? I am not picturing what you are trying to do. The default for my version has the tracks horizontal across top window, with transport underlining that window. The lower portion is my docker window containing my mixer and routing matrices.
Dale

Last edited:
Dale.......for some reason I'm not able to get a screenshot on this pc. But....what you describe is what I want....without the routing matrices I think. Mixer under the transport bar with the mixer going from left to right track one on the left........master track to the left of track one........

When you right-click the transport bar, do you get a menu option to "Dock Transport in Main Window?"

---------- Update ----------

Capture.JPG

When I use control P to do a screenshot (win 7).....if I have the Reaper screen up it goes to Reaper preferences and not and able to print to jpeg or the like. Obviously can't close reaper......then screen won't be there.

Use your Snipping tool in Win7 to capture the jpeg, save it to desktop, then upload it. As you have found, CTRL+P is a Reaper command.

Back