FX sends disabled?

Tadpui

I did a dumb thing the other day while tracking with a friend. I was trying to rename a track, but when I typed the track name it turned out I wasn't typing in the track name's text box. So I basically just executed a bunch of random keyboard shortcut commands. I didn't think that any damage was done, but now in this project, I can't send any track to another. I can make the routings, everything looks like usual, but no audio actually makes it to the receiving track. Kind of a bummer when I want to send several tracks to a reverb!

Anybody familiar with a keyboard shortcut that basically means "no sends allowed!" ??? How the heck do I undo this?

I couldn't find a shortcut command that would disable a track send.

However, when you go to the I/O on a track and add a new send, maybe check to see that an audio source is there (either 1, 2 or 1/2) and that somehow it is not setting this to 'none'.

Had you discovered the problem before exiting Reaper, you could have used View Undo History to see what you had done and go to an undo point before the problem was caused.

Thanks zzed. At the time, I looked at the undo menu and I didn't see anything that looked like it was related to routing. So I figured that all was well. It wasn't until later that I tried to send a couple of tracks to a reverb.

After I posted this, I revisited the project, noticed a weird way that I had a folder and subfolder set up and corrected that. After that, all of the sends work fine. I don't know what the heck was going on. I'd shut down Reaper a few times while troubleshooting, so it had to be the presence of nested folder tracks that threw it for a loop.

So, I guess that all is well now. Weird.

Might be you had created a feedback loop? By default, Reaper won't let that happen. You can change that in the Project Settings, but you'll have to be more careful.

Back