Focusrite 2i4

rose62

Just downloaded for evaluation Reaper. Gave up on the Ableton Live Light 9 that was included. My question is how to get channel 2 to input. I'm only getting a signal through channel one of the Focusrite, even if I create another track. It just wants to record from port #1.

Rose,
Have you set up Reaper to see the inputs?
Main Menu/ Options/ Preferences, under Audio / Device, from the list on the left. Set inputs: first to Ch1, last to Ch2.
I've also had good luck using the manufacturer's ASIO drivers downloaded from their website.
Dale

image.jpg

Yes, then on your new track, select the input you want to use (you'll be able to choose 1+2 stereo, 1 mono or 2 mono)

Got it. Thanks fellas. By the way, any good 'project, start to finish' videos that you would recommend?

I can't help you there, Rose. That's not in my wheelhouse. My quick Google search leads me to believe that Reaper users must be too busy using the program, to make start-to-finish videos. Lots of how-to clips though.
Dale

How can I tell (after the fact) if I have downloaded the Reaper Audio Processing plug-ins? (Going thru the PDF now)

How can I tell (after the fact) if I have downloaded the Reaper Audio Processing plug-ins? (Going thru the PDF now)

On any track in your project, click the "fx" button. On the dialog box that comes up, click "Add...". In the list of VST plugins, ones that came with Reaper usually have names that begin with "Rea", like ReaEQ or ReaComp, etc. There are some "JS" plugins in addition to the VST plugins as well.

If you don't see them, click "clear filter" to make sure you're not screening them out. If you still don't see them, you'll have to make sure that your VST path is correct in Reaper's settings.

Has anyone used the "All Through the Night" project that goes with the manual for Reaper? How to use it? I downloaded it, now what?

Back