EZDrummer

MtEith4

I just got EZDrummer, installed it and so on. It isn't on Reaper, even if I go to the "add FX" panel and try and install it there, it's not on the list. I tried it in Garageband as well, not on the list of Generators. I've installed the latest update and so on. The only thing that I can use EZDrummer in is Toontrack solo, and I don't want to use Toontrack solo. Is there anyway I can actually add EZDrummer to the Reaper list by actually finding the plug-in inside the system?

Well, here's the deal. It's a 'VST Instrument' so it should be listed under 'VSTi' in Reaper when you click the FX button for a track.

But it seems that it isn't. So, it'll either have installed itself in one of :

C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
or
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

Now what I do is go to the VST section in 'preferences', and there is a section in there where you can tell it the folders/paths where your VST plugins lie. Enter both those paths in that box separated with a semicolon [;] and then click 'rescan'. Hopefully it should now appear in the list of VSTi plugins. If there's already other paths listed in that box (which is unlikely), add them to the list too.

I'm doing this from memory so the wording on the buttons might not be exactly right :)

When you install VST plugins in the future, it's always a good idea to watch where it's being installed or even change it to a location where you'd like all your plugins to be so you can keep track of them. I'm highly anal about that sort of thing so I need to know exactly what is going on!

Hope this helps!

I know this problem was resolved, but in case this comes up later, if one day you install the Drumkit from Hell into EZDrummer, EZD may only show up in your effects list abbreviated as DFH. That had me stumped for a while...

Hey, I just got EZDrummer as well.

Is there anyway I can play drums through my computer keyboard??
Not instrumental keyboard.

you should be able to use reaper's virtual midi keyboard for that

Hit Alt+B or chose "view\virtual midi keyboard"

Arma a track and chose the VMK as an input

Works fine for BFD, let me know if you have any trouble

Back