Does Reaper have an edit view in the full version?

presto5

I read an old post from 2008 about how Audition is still the superior program for editing. Most of the posts were from people who have switched to Reaper from AA but still use AA for editing... Is this still the case or has Reaper added this environment?:D

There's no need to use AA for editing.

Many DAWs, when a wav is double-clicked, open an editing window. Reaper doesn't, and this disturbed me for a while.

However, you don't need a separate editing window. In Reaper, you can zoom in on the wav and do whatever you want within the main window. Once you get used to it, it works extremely well.

Importantly, Reaper allows highly non-destructive editing . . . you can always get back to where you started off. With Logic (which I used before Reaper), if I performed an edit in the edit window, it was there for good.

I love Reaper's non-destructive editing! I never remember to save before doing something drastic, but then hit the 'back' button a few times and *thank gawd*!!

However if you *want* to use an external program for editing (I use SoundForge),
all you have to do is go into Preferences and choose the other program as an
external audio or midi editor. When you save the clip it'll throw you back into
Reaper with the file updated.

(Thankful for people who allow you a CHOICE instead of making you do things their only way....)

What about like click pop remover, de-esser and noise reduction process...not seeing these important tools?

However if you *want* to use an external program for editing (I use SoundForge),
all you have to do is go into Preferences and choose the other program as an
external audio or midi editor. When you save the clip it'll throw you back into
Reaper with the file updated.

(Thankful for people who allow you a CHOICE instead of making you do things their only way....)

I use the Audacity installer. (Something is very wrong with my configuration!)

The trial version of Reaper is the full version. Reaper comes with a very handy suite of plugins that do the things you want. There are about 20 Cockos plugins, and over 200 JS plugins.

Back