Custom Actions

ecc83

I have Reaper, bought anp4 but hardly ever use it but the above caught my eye in the current, March issue od Sound on Sound.

Dave.

LyrUEKk.png

Do you have a link to the article?

I've only dabbled a little in actions. They seem like they could be useful, but I feel like you'd need the ability to map them to keyboard shortcuts. (e.g. since they've changed how they handle takes running into each other, I could use a shortcut to the "delete empty takes" action.)

Hi Steve, no link because the articles do not become free for 4 months (think it's 4) but the whole magazine is only a penny under an infirm cephalopod!

Re mapping? As I say I hardly ever fire up Reaper (wedded to Samplitude) but from a brief reading it seems that assigning short cuts is very easy and intuitive.

Dave.

Do you have a link to the article?

I've only dabbled a little in actions. They seem like they could be useful, but I feel like you'd need the ability to map them to keyboard shortcuts. (e.g. since they've changed how they handle takes running into each other, I could use a shortcut to the "delete empty takes" action.)
You can map most actions to any keyboard shortcut you want. You can string several actions together into a custom action and map that to any keyboard shortcut you want. Most of this does not require any actual coding and is surprisingly easy to do. I don't do anywhere near as mich as some people, but i made my live machine save the project every time i hit spacebar to stop playback, and have done a couple others. Open the actions list and play around! Better yet, make yourself a portable install and play with the actions in there so you don't end up fucking up your working install. I think you could save your action list first and then revert, but...

Back