BIAS limitations on reaper?

AlekswithaK

Running Reaper x64, version 4.77. Audio interface is a Focusrite 2i2 running ASIO on proprietary drivers. Playing back audio tracks is perfectly fine and can go on indefinitely without incident, but the moment I try to monitor an armed track, all the audio cuts out after a few seconds, and even regular playback won't work until I re-selected my audio device in preferences.

The track I'm currently attempting to monitor is a guitar DI into the 2i2 interface. The only plug-in I'm running on the track is BIAS desktop. HOWEVER, I am running BIAS on two other previously recorded guitar tracks as well. I can arm one of those and monitor them without any issue. After coming this far, I honestly don't know whether its a hardware, plug-in, or DAW problem, but my gut says it's BIAS.

Checked both my RAM and CPU, and neither appeared to be under a great amount of stress. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

computer specs: windows 7 64-bit, AMD 4.10 ghz CPU, 16 gigs of RAM

UPDATE:

The problem is now much worse. I can no longer create a track with BIAS attached on any projects, new or pre-existing. Doing so causes all of my computer audio to fail, and often I have to hard-reset my interface by unplugging it from my PC. I don't even have to arm and monitor said tracks. Kind of at my wit's end.

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

Turns out it was my interface buffer length. Increased the time to 4ms and am having Reaper / Ableton compensate for the latency, everything works fine now. Sorry for the trouble, and thank you to everyone who replied

Last edited:
Yes, I recommend that you do, it's a lot of fun and extremely versatile. There's a special kind of joy and excitement that comes with being able to create your very own guitar tone.

Yes, I recommend that you do, it's a lot of fun and extremely versatile. There's a special kind of joy and excitement that comes with being able to create your very own guitar tone.

haha. That is an understatement. If you feel that kind of excitement i urge you to check out "The New tone thread" thread in the Guitar and Bass sub forum here. Those guys are tone hounds and it's entertaining as hell.

haha. That is an understatement. If you feel that kind of excitement i urge you to check out "The New tone thread" thread in the Guitar and Bass sub forum here. Those guys are tone hounds and it's entertaining as hell.

I will most certainly do that, thank you!

Back