basic questions

timtimtim

I've just started using Reaper. I'm sorry if these questions are ridiculously basic. I added a high-pass filter effect to one project, and it affects all my other projects too. Now I can't find any way to get rid of this affect. Also how do I export a project?

It sounds like you added the filter to the master output, yes?

If so, click on FX, click on the effect and click on 'remove'.

Also, there are a number of ways you can initiate Reaper. I think the default is that Reaper will open the last project you were working on. This can cause problems from time to time, and I find it is better to load Reaper with "Reaper (create new project)". This means you are always starting afresh.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'export a project', but my guess is you want to create a stereo WAV file that you can use, say, for a CD. If that's the case, go to File / Render. This will bring up a dialog box, and you can render your creation as a WAV (or MP3) from there.

But if I ck FX, All Plugins, it shows all filters but none is highlighted so I don't know which filter I used. If I ck Recently Used, it shows VST:ReaEQ(Cockos) and JS:waveshapers/graphdist. If I ck on either of them and ck Clear Filter, OK, it doesn't clear it. If I ck OK it shows me all the settings for the filter, but if I ck Remove, it doesn't remove it.

You said you added a hi-pass filter onto a PROJECT. Where, exactly, did you add it - to the stereo MASTER track? If so, click on the FX button for that track, and it will show there.
You are clicking 'FX' on a track where this are no plugins currently being used, that's why you're coming up with the list of choices.

to the left of the track the FX button is now red and it says FX disabled, and at the bottom left of the screen on MASTER the FX button is also red and it says FX disabled. Now the response is much better than before (only high frequencies were audible before) but it still sounds like it is lacking in bass. This is the same on all projects. What am I missing?

I was gonna mention the Monitor FX, but I got confused somewhere in the middle of thread. Glad you sorted it out!

Back