Asking too much of the Reaper FX BUS ?

wuzzo

668- the neighbour of the beast
Hello. I'm new-ish to home recording and working my way through the Reaper manual.
I see the CPU-saving possibilities of having an FX BUS track, I've set up my first template with this in place and I've made a simple two-track recording , using the individual track controls to adjust the settings of my chosen effect- which is Spectrasonics Omnisphere. So far so good.

What I want to do now is to have a different Omnisphere instrument for each of the two tracks. Is it possible to do that via the FX BUS without having two separate instances of Omnisphere running ? Previously I've been rendering one Omnisphere track to .wav then importing it so that it's fixed before working with Omnisphere on a second track.

Your wisdom appreciated.

It may be possible, but I don't have Omnisphere to try it out.

If you have two tracks that you would like to use Omni, you could assign all notes on track A to midi channel 1, then send the midi to a track on which Omni sits, then do the same for track B, but assign all notes in track B to channel 2.

The next thing is to go into Omni and see if you can assign a particular midi channel to a patch. I think Omni has to be multi-timbral to do this. If it can, then you are set.

Thank you kindly. I'll get to that over the weekend and report back.

Back