Another "how to" question

rose62

I would like to add some time before the beginning of the actual playing. How to add some space at the start for all tracks together?

I asked that same question when I was new to Reaper, but searching back in this forum, I couldn't find my original post. There is an 'insert space' function, but the easiest way is to select all tracks (from the Edit menu or 'CTL + A'), then just drag them to the right.

If you wanted say 1 bar you could also drag a 1 bar time selection & then go to top menu 'INSERT' & there's a 'insert space @ time selection' at the bottom!.:thumbs up:

Thanks guys. For a tune that I'm working on, the tempo of the intro is different so I need some time to have a different setting for the metronome and I couldn't figure out how to add some time there. I really appreciate the help. There's just so much the program can do that finding it in the 400+ page manual is pretty daunting.

drag the cursor to highlight how much space you would like to add to the start. Right click, then select "insert empty space in selection". This will push everything inside the selection to the right by the amount that you have selected.

Back