Tascam or Cool Edit: Bleed...

thwackless

O'right, Tascam US-428 into Cool Edit Pro 2.0, I'm assigning as follows:
Track 1), input A; Left
Track 2), input B; Right
Track 3), input C; Left
Track 4), input D; Right

Doing all vocal tracks. The only channel having this trouble, as far as I can tell so far, is Track 2) getting bleed from Track 1). I understand that I'm essentially treating Tracks 1 and 2, 3 and 4 as stereo pairs (and maybe bleed is unavoidable?), but can I stop it?
Is there a way within CEP to knock out the talk from track 1, as far as editing goes? Hmmm....

Thanks for your head-space,
Rog.

Changing my user name...

For the benefit of other green-horn Newbies who are learning the difference between their arse and their other arse, I will respond to my own post:

If you record into a microphone while listening to playback over nearby monitors, you are liable also to record what's coming through the monitors.

I love learning something new...

Hey!

I bet turning off the monitors AND using headphones'd work like a charm! (Good thing I'm smart...!)

Many thanks for your condecension on my meager behalf...

Rog.

Thwackless, maybe then you can learn to mute the mic when you start the playback (I'm still working on that one).

lpdeluxe said:
Thwackless, maybe then you can learn to mute the mic when you start the playback (I'm still working on that one).

How do you mean? By hand? You mean I got all this computer techno cyber-heap of clicking/whirring/buzzing stuff and I have to do something by HAND?

You must be joking... (insert grinning smilie here)

Rog.

Get a Mackie Control with motorize faders and train it to mute the channel the mic is on when you bring up the monitors (via automated toggle switches).

"Many thanks for your condecension on my meager behalf..."

You're welcome.

That was the day when I realized I was actually starting to *listen* to what I was tracking. I played back something I'd just recorded and went: "Damn. That sounds weird. How come it's so layered and echoey and ugly?" Yup. Monitors on, right behind the mic.

Heh-heh... I'm starting to feel better now. It's always those little things.
Now I can't wait for my monitors to arrive! Real ones...

Rog.

lpdeluxe said:
Get a Mackie Control with motorize faders and train it to mute the channel the mic is on when you bring up the monitors (via automated toggle switches).

If I could make bread at doing this I just might! Might take some of the fun knob-twiddling out of it, though...

Man, I really dig doing this recording stuff. Music rocks.

Rog.

Back