Sound Card Recording Problem

Fagoag

Hi Folks,

I'm brand new on the forum here and hope someone on here can possibly help me please.

I'm trying to record directly into Cool Edit Pro 2 from internet audio streams but keep getting the following message - See image:-

Cool Edit.jpg

I'm unable to resolve this issue as I'm a bit of a newbie with this type of recording and can't seem to find an answer to my particular issue despite intensive research on the web.

Thanks in advance. :)

You will need to furnish the good folks here with the OS you are using and exactly what you mean by "soundcard"?

If, as I suspect you mean the On Board Sound system built into the MOBO you first need to check in Device Manager (Windows software) to see if the soundcard is there and not "yellow blobbed"! If it is you might have to hunt up the MOBO chipset drivers.

Assuming it is enabled and blob free, you need to select a loop- through option in Sound Management, usually called "Stereo Mix" or similar, as the recording input. THEN! You will need to frigg about with levels!

If perchance you have an external "soundcard" you will probably have to physically link inputs to outputs.

Dave.

If you download the file instead of streaming it, you can place it into a project as a file

Back