record 4 tracks simultaneously using audiophile?

rats

I am thinking that if I run 4 individual signals to the 4 ins I should be able to record 2 stereo tracks then after recording drag them to indivdual mono tracks for a total of four mono tracks? Right? If so, how is this accomplished?

I've fooled around with it for a while and I'm thinking that maybe the audiophile is only 2 ins/ 2 outs but I seem to remember being able to assign them as ins or outs and I can't find the manual. If these can all be assigned as ins, what shoudl me device settings me, monitor mixer or PCM in 1/2? Also, what should my Delta patchbaty router be set to, monitor mixer or PCM In 1/2?

Anybody?

:confused:

The Audiophile will work as a 4 in/4 out, but only if you use the SPDIF I/O in addition to the analog I/O. If you don't have a device which can work with SPDIF, then you can only do 2 in/2 out (analog).

Thanks looney you've just confirmed my fears. I was given a link to the Audiophile manual in another thread and yeah, that's the way it's looking. SHIT!:eek:

Yeah, and isn't it always that way? Cards boast so many ins and outs, but it's very unlikely in real life that you'd actually be using all the options simultaneously. I mean, how many people do audio and digital at the same time?

Yeah really. Why bother? I've got a perfectly legit problem here- recording live drums. Two tracks? Fuck!!!

Back