Mic Set-up with Cool Edit Pro

WreakHavocMusic

Equipment:
PC (Windows 7)
CAD GXL2200 Condenser Microphone
M-Audio Studiophile AV40 Monitors
Audio-Technica ATH-M30 Headphones
Tascam US-144 Audio Interface

Okay, so I am not getting any signal when recording in Cool Edit Pro 2.1. However I am able to record with Audacity. I am wondering how can I set up my microphone so it can get a signal in Cool Edit Pro. Thanks.

NOTE: I do currently have the wave-in with the interface...still no signal.

I can tell by your gear you're not an amateur, so forgive me for giving you a nooby run through on how to track in Cool Edit. I promise, I'm not trying to offend you, just giving you the basics I know.

First, if you're trying to record in single track mode, you must start a new track by selecting file, new (Pick your settings for the track), then you can record on that track.

If you are trying to record in Multi-track, make sure the track you are trying to record on has the "R" pressed as this preps that track to record (Be sure to deselect after you record your track or you will record over what you've recorded)

Now that I've cleared the noob stuff up, and if you're still having trouble, try clicking options, device properties, Wave In Tab (If your device connects through USB, it probably will be under the external device tab) - You will then see a drop down menu which allows you to select where your signal comes from. Hope this helps =)

Back