Looking for a good reverb setting for rap and hip hop

rnb259

Hi, this is my first time posting so i'll get to the piont, i was wondering does anybody have any tips or presets they would like to share on recording rap and hip hop vocals. Im an aspiring young talent who is taking on rapping as a ful time career an have even picked up a manager and is wondering if i could get some pionters or at least a piont in the right direction to help my demo sound as great as possble.

No such thing as a preset approach.

But here are the crucial parameters, and a starting point or two:

* Room size: start with 200 m. That's a small sound. Increase it by 20 m a time until you find a space you like. (You can go down from 200m if you like, but it'll sound like you're rapping in a closet - that might be cool though lol). Then fine tune.

* Total length: start with 600 ms. Then adjust up or down to taste.

* Attack: since it's vocals, start with 60 ms. That softens a lot of the reverb effect. Head downwards from that to see if you want something with more active reverb.

* Original signal: put it on 100% to begin with. You can adjust it later.

* Reverb (wet): start at about 25%. Go up or down depending how much space you want on the vocal.

* Early reflections: this fine tunes the reverb (wet). Keep it at the same value as reverb (wet) until you find a sound you like. Then dial early reflections up or down to taste.

Oh, yeah - finally: if you get a reverb you like, then click on the Coloration tab and start messing with the EQ. This determines which frequency bands get most heavily effected with the settings you decided on. Often a bright reverb sounds good - boost the highs, cut the lows, etc.

thanks, thats all i really wanted was a start, i guess the rest is now up to me, thanks again hope to postmy results i the future

Back