Importing interview on CD into Cool Edit Pro for editing

downonthestreet

Been away from Cool Edit Pro for too long! I've forgotten some basics.:o

I have a recorded interview on CD that I want to put into Cool Edit Pro to edit and mix down in MP3 format to post on my blogsite as a podcast.

I can't work out how to actually get the recording on the CD into Cool Edit Pro. Can someone please help?

Cheers
Ross

PS: I don't know what format the CD is recorded in (WAV, I guess?), but if possible I would like to import it into CEP as a WAV file, edit it, normalise etc, then for the final mixdown change it to MP3 format.

I've used Adobe Audition, but not Cool Edit Pro, and it's been awhile anyway, so I don't remember if there was an "Import from CD" option.

When I want to rip tracks from CD, I use a free program called cDex. You can go into the options and select what format to rip to, which should be WAV.

This will rip the tracks and put them in your \My Documents\My Music\MP3\ folder, but they will be in standard 44100 KHz/16-bit WAV/PCM format.

From there, you can import those WAV files into Cool Edit.

Here's a screenshot of the settings (Options menu -> Settings):

cdex_wav.gif

Edit: If the recordings were done in MONO, you may want to change the Stereo option to MONO.

Thanks, danny.guitar. Since I posted, a friend has also recommended CDex. I have downloaded and installed it and got the recording into CEP in WAV format - just what I wanted. But thanks for going to the effort of posting a pic to make it clear for me...appreciated.

Back