How to get effect tails...

James Argo

Fancy Rock N' Roll
I've used CEP 2 for long time. No problem. I'm pretty happy with delay DirectX plugin by DSound (BPM Double Delay) and I keep asking myself... how to get the effect tail when I applied some Delay effect to about the end of the wave ? Was there any option that I missed ? Thank you..

;)
Jaymz

Inserting some silence, maybe a measure's worth at the end of the track would allow the plugin to complete it's job before being cut off.

I haven't used CEP in awhile but as I recall there is a box in the delay dialog you can check to Render Tails or something like that.

Tex, if I right click on DSound Double Delay interface, it will pop up an option to do so (Generate Tail). But nothing happens. The tail is not printed at all... I've checked with other plugins, and they go the same. Do we really have to insert a silent moment at the end of the wave before processing ?

;)
Jaymz

Have you tried Tex's idea? It makes sense to me, and it isn't difficult to do right? I haven't done it in Cool, but I have to do it in Fruity Loops all the time - I have to add some space at the end of the file if I want reverbed sound to be completed.

Have you tried Tex's idea?
Yes I did, Sir. I've mentioned it at my post above. Right click on the effect windows panel, and I find an option to "Generate Tail". It somehow just doesn't work the way it should. I made sure I check this, but still I didn't get the tail after I print/render the effect. I also tried another DirX plugin (from Waves), it goes the same. No tails.

It makes sense to me, and it isn't difficult to do right?
It also made sense to me. However, it doesn't work that way. So far, what I did is close the wave, re-open in SONAR, and applied the effect in SONAR to get the tails. It would be good if CEP2 can make this simple task, so we can save time to do so. I'll try to look for infos around this on Google.

;)
Jaymz

I'm sure it's the DirectX plugin problem, and not CEP2 's fault. Perhaps you used different plugin, Tex. What did you use ?

;)
Jaymz

I know this is kind of old now, but I have to do this a lot...I have a tendency to smack the space bar pretty damned quickly after I hit the last note on my guitar/bass/vocal...whatever. This is a reflex I've developed as a result of trying to record in a house full of small children...if by some miracle, I'm able to actually get part of a take accomplished without a door being slammed or a child screaming at one of his siblings at the top of his lungs, I'm not pressing my luck any further than I have to, lmao.

FF to the end of the file. "Generate silence" (I do 4 seconds)...that covers any tails I've ever needed to add. Oh, but don't forget to save it as a new file once you do this, and hit "insert in multitrack," otherwise...the file will still cut off at the point that it did in the multi-track session before you elongated it.

Nice fucking avatar, btw.

James Argo said:
I'm sure it's the DirectX plugin problem, and not CEP2 's fault. Perhaps you used different plugin, Tex. What did you use ?

;)
Jaymz

I was just using the standard CEP effects. It could very well be a problem with a 3rd party plugin.

Could be, Tex. I was just curious, because I have several brand third party plugins (Waves 3.5, Tc Native (the old one :o), some from Cakewalk & and Timeworks) and they don't seem to work either. So far, I just insert silent at the end of the file for couple second, and apply the fx that way. Thank's guys :)

Back