How do i get the two speakers to work in cooledit pro?

Taylor_214

Folks,

Appreciate your advise to a very nubie user with new gear and learning cooledit pro v2.0.

I just bought a Focusrite Trakmaster mic preamp chassis unit. I connect the Trakmaster's unbalanced jack into the right input jack of my Audiophile 2496 card. I'm not sure if i've got cooledit pro set up right or wrong, but i only hear output out of the right speaker as i'd expect since i'm only recording to one input jack of the 2496 card. Am i supposed to get a "Y" splitter to to take this ONE output jack from my preamp so i could hook this to both the Left and Right input RCA jack of my audiophile so i can record and playback using both speakers? HOw do i record and playback this mono signal both speakers properly?

Thanks in advance.

You'll probably get a much quicker response if you post this question in "THE RACK" forum, b/c it really doesn't matter what software you're using. There's a lot more traffic in forums that aren't this one, lol.

All I saw was "Y Adapter," and I remembered that I got some very specific (and correct) advice from that forum when I got my latest preamp...I have no idea what the advice was, but it led me to the correct adapter, and if it ever breaks, I'll go find that thread, lol.

It's quite normal to record one mono track at a time. To hear it playback in stereo it's just a matter of panning a mono track to centre.
In the multitrack view, right click on a track and select record devices. If you're feeding the Audiophile 1/2 input left then make sure the record device is 1/2 left channel only. You will then record a mono track which can be panned. If you record to a stereo track then you will only produce audio in the left channel and therefore only hear it playback on the left.

Back