Free Programs that One Adobe Sessions?

derekp

Maybe a crazy question, but are there any free programs that can open Adobe sessions? I used to use Adobe on my old computer, no longer have my copy, and want to go back to some old sessions for acapellas.

Let me know, thanks!

Far from free but there's a utility called AA Translator that can convert to and from Cool Edit and Audition to most of the other common DAWs. Obviously there are limitations since different DAWS have different capabilities but it works pretty well. Details here: AATranslator - Home Page

Failing that, you could get the 28 day free trial of the current Audition and work quickly. Don't forget though that some versions back, .ses files were changed to XML .sesx files. There is a freeware (wll, contribution ware) that will convert ses to sesx. Ses2sesx - Bulk Audition/CEP Conversion Utility

Far from free but there's a utility called AA Translator that can convert to and from Cool Edit and Audition to most of the other common DAWs. Obviously there are limitations since different DAWS have different capabilities but it works pretty well. Details here: AATranslator - Home Page

Failing that, you could get the 28 day free trial of the current Audition and work quickly. Don't forget though that some versions back, .ses files were changed to XML .sesx files. There is a freeware (wll, contribution ware) that will convert ses to sesx. Ses2sesx - Bulk Audition/CEP Conversion Utility

Thanks, I'll try the free trial and let you know how it goes.

There never was a freeware version of Audition (or Cool Edit before that) but they still do the 28 day free trial. You can download that from HERE

As mentioned, depending on how old your sessions are, you may need a translator to convert the old style session to the modern ones. You can get that from HERE. There's no upfront cost for the converter (it's donationware) but the fellow who wrote is is one of the good guys and, if you use it, I encourage you to donate.

The OP is right about the .ses to .sesx converter utility, if you try to download it you're brought to the Adobe Add-Ons page where you can purchase it.

What version of Audition were your sessions created with?

Are your sessions complete? each in it's own folder with all associated audio files?

How many sessions are there?

I moved it from donationware to the Adobe Add-Ons page essentially because everyone was more than happy to download it but almost no-one was happy to donate and even those that begged me to send it to them because they needed it so urgently couldn't be bothered donating - so sadly I eventually got the message.

Adobe now offers Audition 3.0 as a free download, as well as other Adobe software like the CS2 suites...

You have to create an Adobe ID but find the download section and you'll see everything they now offer for free.

Back