Cool Edit Pro keeps crashing while editing

villain fan

I've used Cool Edit Pro for years and never had any issues with it.
I am using it to produce a weekly podcast and for some reason, all of a sudden, while I'm doing editing if I don't take it easy and go real slow (especially when I'm editing a wave form) it will crash on me and I'll have to reopen the program and continue.
Thank goodness it saves your progress so far but it's still agitating.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I started noticing this problem right about the time I added about 10 gigs worth of data to my harddrive.I still have almost 80 gigs free so I don't know if that's the problem or not.

Any ideas? I just want my old dependable Cool Edit Pro back to normal.

I've used Cool Edit Pro for years and never had any issues with it.
I am using it to produce a weekly podcast and for some reason, all of a sudden, while I'm doing editing if I don't take it easy and go real slow (especially when I'm editing a wave form) it will crash on me and I'll have to reopen the program and continue.
Thank goodness it saves your progress so far but it's still agitating.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I started noticing this problem right about the time I added about 10 gigs worth of data to my harddrive.I still have almost 80 gigs free so I don't know if that's the problem or not.

Any ideas? I just want my old dependable Cool Edit Pro back to normal.

Maybe all you need to do is re-install your CEP.....tends to fix most things, mostly.
Is this computer connected to a network or the internet?....(Virus, bug..crap software recently installed..etc?)

Back