Cool Edit Pro 2.0 vs Adobe Audition 1.5

Cool Edit Pro 2.0 vs Adobe Audition1.5

• Total voters
cool pro vs adobe audition

tell u what gys i started using cool edit 2000 and upgraded through the years to cep 2.1 i have adobe 1.5 but i dont feel good unless i am working with cep2.1 i use it to produce radio programmes dont kniowwhat i would do without cep :)

Audition 1.5 fo sho, I mean i got Nuendo 3.0, Cubase SX3, and others and I still cant get over the power of Audition 1.5, its my favorite. I let some people that run Pro Tools and Cubase hear my stuff and they are like "you do this with Pro Tools or Cubase?" and I say Adobe Audition and they are like what is that. I fill them in of course. I am using it to make my Demo. I also recommend this
http://store.adobe.com/store/produc...UAEWQU5VQFI0IKRCZGAVDJBIIV1?id=catTT_Audition
If you havent upgraded well i recommend you do so.

I have ordered 2.0...now the fun will begin.

I'm looking forward to being able to write volume/envelope pans from my Mackie Control's faders.

...but I know it'll be like everything else, it'll drive me nuts for a week or so until I get some basics figured out!

lpdeluxe said:
I have ordered 2.0...now the fun will begin.

I'm looking forward to being able to write volume/envelope pans from my Mackie Control's faders.

...but I know it'll be like everything else, it'll drive me nuts for a week or so until I get some basics figured out!

To be honest, you probably won't have any issues at all. I feel the changes were very intuitive and easy to use.

i have been using cep2 for years and was reluctant to switch. I recently reconfigured my studio from hardware to soft. Using Reason for production with a gang of sound libraries. I tried the demo of AA and bought it because it has rewire support.

It's hard to believe this old thread is still active.

I took a vacation from recording (been playing bass full time in a working band) but now I'm getting back into it.

I recently traded some of my excess gear for a Korg D888. It's a hard disc recorder that allows you to record 8 tracks at once, and to pass the signal on to your PA so you can easily record live shows.

Of course, it's only 8 tracks, so the drums are limited to a mic on the kick and an overhead condenser, but the results so far are pretty good. Not studio pristine (LOTS of bleed from the open vocal mics etc) but way better than I've managed with anything else.

It records .wav, so you can hook it up via USB to your computer and import the song en masse into Cool Edit Pro/Audition.

Right now I'm using CEP 2.1 and Adobe 1.5 because the resulting .ses files are compatible with older versions of CEP, which my singer/rhythm player has on his machine.

Plus, I've been having some weird thing that, when I start up my computer, I have to reload the ASIO drivers for my sound card each time....

Plus, I've been having some weird thing that, when I start up my computer, I have to reload the ASIO drivers for my sound card each time....

Hey, welcome back!

And I've been having a problem in the same quadrant: I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my soundcard, and now Windows 'finds' new hardware every time I boot and asks if I want its help in finding the drivers for it. Yeah, right... Silly Windows. If I find out what's going on, I'll post it here.

Thank you, Dobro. How do you like Canada?

I took the computer into the shop yesterday so they can bring some knowledge to bear on its instability. It waited until I had mixed down the last three songs from our last sessions before it crashed, which is unusual.

I went off for a couple of years (seems like) with AA 2.0, but the few advantages (notably, the single click eraser) didn't overcome the various disadvantages. Specifically, I disliked learning a whole new protocol for mixing down, and having to tell the software to add more tracks when I filled up the default number of six or whatever, not to mention the incompatibility of the file formats -- you can convert 1.5 .ses files into 2.0, but not vice versa. The ASIO drivers are efficient, I'm sure, but the WDM drivers worked fine for me.

Once I learned the trick of reloading the drivers (hope THAT'S fixed, this go-around) I was able to use either CEP 2.1 or AA 1.5 with the Mackie Control Universal. I might note that I had to reinstall XP a few months ago, and subsequently had a lot of difficulty getting all the settings where I wanted them. The practical result was that I temporarily lost the use of ASIO and the Mackie, and, in fact, I had to stop using 2.0 because it wouldn't recognize my sound card.

Ah, the joys of computer recording!

Canada's cold, but I've got a good life here, aside from the climate.

The problem I was having with Windows was in connection with something it calls 'Sound, Speech, and Audio Devices' - as soon as I selected the same software Outs as I have in Cool Edit and Audition, it was happy and stopped throwing up the error message.

Apparently the problem is data reading in the boot drive. I skipped a step: the computer was home, and is back in the shop. I hope to get it back in a week or so. Time to get back into recording: the band is imploding, as they tend to do over time. At Saturday night's gig, the lead player accused the singer of hitting on his wife. =sigh=

In the meantime, I loaded CEP 2.0 on my graphics machine (the one I'm typing on), recorded into my Korg D888 (I don't have a suitable sound card on this computer), and imported the tracks into CEP for editing/mixdown.

I was recording two singer/guitarists, individually over a couple of days. With the limitations of the Korg , I still wanted to record M/S (my favorite way of recording solo acts). As I'm sure you all know, M/S records 2 tracks from a figure-8 mic placed at right angles to a cardioid; the figure-8 mic is monophonic, so one of the tracks is flipped in polarity. Then you pan the tracks from the figure-8 (the "S", or "Side" in M/S; the "M", or "Mid", is the cardioid) left and right, and leave the cardioid in the middle. The result is a nice stereo field; the main drawback is that you have to take some time to get the vocal/guitar balance right.

Anyhow, the Korg doesn't have the ability to send a single source to 2 tracks, nor can you flip polarity ("phase", commonly so called) before recording.

The solution was to import the figure-8 (from a beyerdynamic ribbon) track TWICE into CEP, then, in Edit View, select the length of one of these tracks and select Effects/Invert.

Back in Multitrack View, center the track from the cardioid, and pan the two side tracks left and right (you can control the stereo field by the amount of panning), and there you are.

Of course, I'm leaving out the various processing done on the tracks, but the result, if you have a reasonably good-sounding room, is a nice stereo spread with a convincing reverb.

it's da same shit, Adobe just bought the program from Syntrillium and tweaked it according to their own standards to match most of the film editing products they have.....

at least this is the shit i was told......

Back