Cool Edit Pro 2.0 Help

lilman42459

Ok I got some questions here.
I use Cool Edit 2.0 for mixing down.

1) Does anyone use the FFT Dynamics?
Why would you use this?

2) What frequency should I keep my music?
I don't have control over individual parts just the music as a whole.

3) Any suggestions on voice clearing? What steps do you do to get the vocals nice and crisp?

4) Does anyone else using cool edit Group Normalize? I Group normalize everything but the music. Is this good?

5) What dbs do you keep your music at or shoot for in the final mix? I try for -3db. is this good.

6)Does anyone use the graphic mixer? I use the sparkle and punch setting. What do you use?

7) What is a good what to reduce Popping P's? I us the clipp restoration. Is the proper one to use?

This is all I have right now. And I have really got in the program and tried to figure this out so please don't think I am trying to free load.

Thanks in advance

lilman

As a CEP2-freak I would certainly give you answers to all the questions, but I can't start the prog from this computer and my english stucks reading some questions, but I can answer these:

2) What frequency should I keep my music?
I don't have control over individual parts just the music as a whole.
If I'm right about what I think you mean, you have to work in Multitrack view to have control over the eq and all of the individual parts.

3) Any suggestions on voice clearing? What steps do you do to get the vocals nice and crisp?
Add some nice high freqs, cut off some low and mid with any of the equalisators in the prog. A nice reverb gives some presence too.

5) What dbs do you keep your music at or shoot for in the final mix? I try for -3db. is this good.
Everything is good, except when your output signal isn't too low or clipping. Sometimes when I've got the faders quite high, I have to set the master fader at -10 or something, instead of pulling back all the individual faders.

7) What is a good what to reduce Popping P's? I us the clipp restoration. Is the proper one to use?
Don't like such plug-ins and all. What I do is a compression on the P-piece, really limiting, so ratio 999:1, and compress stuff above the normal level of the track (pops are quite loud, by compressing them they are not that annoying anymore). The best of course is prevention, by using a pop-filters.

Back