Cool Edit 32-bit Wave audio, how do I burn onto CD?

Yes, I guess we are all so cocky for offering an aswer that you continued to deny. If you are such a Cool Edit Pro expert, why did you come in here asking such a basic question? I just re read this entire thread. It seems to me that your posts reek of the most attitude and errogance of all the others. We don't make this stuff up. We don't set the standards. Audio CD's are 16 bit 44.1khz no matter what you are I might think of it. Sorry you are so pissed off, but it seems to me like youa re only pissed because you didn't like the answer you were given. It reminds me a lot of a 5 year old child when they are told they can not have a cookie.

Who are you calling an American?

A cool edit expert? It's been Audition for quite some time, so you are an expert at outdated hobbiest software? And you don't know the first thing about digital audio formats?

Read the thread again. You accused everyone of not knowing what they were talking about. Then when we tried to convince you, you call us arrogant.

Go fuck yourself.

I guess someone had just invented a new redbook(probably darkred) standard (16bit -> 48Hz) :D. Where to get those burner or type of CD?... (I wish i could do that).

"Anyways, you all made your point! I'm off before this place gets too bigheaded than it is already.."

Not like you, huh?

"... Great forum"

Why do you say it's great? You don't seem to think so.

"but you Americans seem to think you're all up there with all the info"

I'm not American.

"who cares I only asked a simple question"

You asked a simple question, and then said a bunch of stupid stuff.

"no need to get so dam cocky about such a simple thing"

The people in this thread were frustrated and irritated dealing with somebody like you. You're the cocky one, chuck.

"you could have been nicer"

And you could have been more polite, more grateful and a bit less cocky.

"so I guess you won't see me around here again"

Is that a promise?

"and I don't care if you've been at it for 20+ years, with all your attitudes you make recording lame and not fun!"

Gee, you *do* go on.

"Too much attitude like I said"

Yeah, and now you said it again.

"I happen to be an expert when it comes to Cool Edit Pro"

Experts don't talk and act the way you do. So that means that in addition to being an expert, you're also unique. And *that* means my advice to you is: feel special. Go on, do it. You know you owe it to yourself.

"and I don't care what you all 'think' you know..""

You keep saying you don't care. But I think the reason you keep on typing is that you care very much.

"To me it's all just trying to be more clever than you can be"

There you go, talking to the mirror again.

"and I'm not really bothered"

That's what? The third time you've said that?

"like I said the point was made orignally but for such rude comments to be made afterwards then I guess you've kinda pissed me off a little..."

Okay, so let's get this straight. You come here and say dumb things and when people correct your misapprehensions, you get pissed off. Did I get that right?

"I'll let you all off this time"

As opposed to what? Playing with yourself?

"next time I'll be sure to look round the internet like I always do"

I hope that's exactly what you do next time.

"than try and get the answers to positive solutions rather than from 'cocky' Americans again... tut! tut!"

'the answers to positive solutions'? WTF does that mean?

I figure you'll find a way to get the gist of my response to you. You are, after all, an expert.

Look on the bright side - at least it got a bit of discussion going round here.... nothing more likely than talk of sample rates and bit depths to cause that, in audio circles. Well, I guess there's always the subject of mac vs pc, or digital photography vs film....

dobro said:
Not like you, huh? Why do you say it's great? You don't seem to think so. I'm not American. You asked a simple question, and then said a bunch of stupid stuff. The people in this thread were frustrated and irritated dealing with somebody like you. You're the cocky one, chuck. And you could have been more polite, more grateful and a bit less cocky. Is that a promise? Gee, you *do* go on. Yeah, and now you said it again.

Experts don't talk and act the way you do. So that means that in addition to being an expert, you're also unique. And *that* means my advice to you is: feel special. Go on, do it. You know you owe it to yourself. You keep saying you don't care. But I think the reason you keep on typing is that you care very much. There you go, talking to the mirror again. That's what? The third time you've said that? Okay, so let's get this straight. You come here and say dumb things and when people correct your misapprehensions, you get pissed off. Did I get that right? As opposed to what? Playing with yourself? I hope that's exactly what you do next time. 'The answers to positive solutions'? WTF does that mean?

I figure you'll find a way to get the gist of my response to you. You are, after all, an expert.

You forgot to use the quotes, DUMBASS, I'd of expected better from a moderator, you my friend are just the world's biggest jackass.. I hope you die in a horrible death very soon for being a fucking bastard of a man! BTW I am a disabled person you know, I am in a wheelchair and don't have the use of my legs, me personally I'd like to wrap my wheelchair around your fucking head you smug bastard! I hope that you all rot in hell and if I'm ever to pass you in the street and see any of you lying at the side of the road in pain, I'll just laugh as I ride on by. Believe me I'll take much pleasure in watching yo fat asses hurt on the side of the road crying to mommy..

You're all just sad talking to a disabled person like that, you should have more respect, probably mommy didn't teach you all that as a young person..

Basically, y'all go fuck yourselves....

MixieScratchie

Mixie, I just tried to help you man. I hope you at least got that grain of knowledge.
And, maybe you'll re-compose yourself and create a new account here (since you'll have about 20 people that'll hate you forever here).
There is a wealth of info and experience here. It's a valuable tool that you should not let go so easily.
It's good to question people, and to seek advice from more than just 1 or 2 people. So I understand that you found it hard to believe that 32-bit CD audio is not possible.
But you must know that there are a lot of "egos" and huge... I mean HUGE heads around here.
It's not hard to see past that, and get to the meat-and-potatoes of what this site is about.
The Audio talk of course.
But if you can't get along (or at least see past) big ego's and let yourself be vulnerable to new, strange, radical or even what you might think is completely false ideas, you should not spend time here. Go live in your world of solitude, and be happy as a clam. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

MixieScratchie said:
BTW I am a disabled person you know, I am in a wheelchair and don't have the use of my legs, MixieScratchie
You don't seem to have the use of your brain either. That is the bigger disability.

MixieScratchie said:
BTW I am a disabled person you know, I am in a wheelchair and don't have the use of my legs
Can I just ask...what was the desired effect of this statement? Were we all supposed to say "shh. He's disabled. He can't use his legs. Nobody say another bad word about him" I'm sorry, not having mobility in your legs is no excuse for having no respect for other people. And you're not getting any sympathy over here

LMAO! :D

You lot really thought I was in a wheelchair didn't you!!!

LOL, you're all just so gullible....

tarnationsauce2 you're right about what you said, I think that most of the guys here who have posted stuff, remarks in this (my) thread are incapable of talking like a 'normal' person anyway..

This was a perfect example of human psychology at its best! If I told you that I study human psychology at university you'd probably believe it..

BTW did I mention that I study human psychology at university? :D

Who cares at the end of the day, you can type shit at others and get 'funny' about it all day long, it doesn't make any difference to me, I've been playing around on message boards just like this one for years now and I've seen some of the wildest loonies come and go, you lot were just another example of this. The question I asked in the first place, there wasn't anything wrong with it but I simply pretended not to understand what you were saying and change the reality in it just to get up all your noses, seeing as though that's what you were all trying to do to me. Drill me with your info, learn this lesson from an expert! You try and drill people with your information then they will bite you back, just like I did... hehehe

It was fun but now the whole thing has simply dried out now, I hope you all have a really great life and have a good future :p

P.S. Mods don't scare me, they just make me laugh, what a sad job to do anyway, you should be outdoors in the fresh air at this time of year!

So basically you are admiting that you are not only a fake and a fraud, but are more like your own statements than any of us? Congrats:)

MixieScratchie -

Keep posting here for a while. I like two things about you. I like your nick, and I'm being completely sincere when I say that. And I like the way you offer such an easy and pleasant target for people here to entertain themselves in an idle moment, and I'm being completely sincere when I say *that*.

And yes, I'm the moderator. Don't like it? Then complain to the site manager. :)

Alternately, stick around and learn something about how to use the software. Even experts continue to learn. In fact, the greatest experts on the planet are the one who *know* how to learn. And I'm being completely sincere when I say THAT.

Last edited:
MixieScratchie said:
LMAO! :D

You lot really thought I was in a wheelchair didn't you!!!

LOL, you're all just so gullible....

tarnationsauce2 you're right about what you said, I think that most of the guys here who have posted stuff, remarks in this (my) thread are incapable of talking like a 'normal' person anyway..

This was a perfect example of human psychology at its best! If I told you that I study human psychology at university you'd probably believe it..

BTW did I mention that I study human psychology at university? :D

Who cares at the end of the day, you can type shit at others and get 'funny' about it all day long, it doesn't make any difference to me, I've been playing around on message boards just like this one for years now and I've seen some of the wildest loonies come and go, you lot were just another example of this. The question I asked in the first place, there wasn't anything wrong with it but I simply pretended not to understand what you were saying and change the reality in it just to get up all your noses, seeing as though that's what you were all trying to do to me. Drill me with your info, learn this lesson from an expert! You try and drill people with your information then they will bite you back, just like I did... hehehe

It was fun but now the whole thing has simply dried out now, I hope you all have a really great life and have a good future :p

P.S. Mods don't scare me, they just make me laugh, what a sad job to do anyway, you should be outdoors in the fresh air at this time of year!
Glad to hear that your legs are OK, too bad your brain is still useless.

I know that the Tascam 750 Burner samples at 24/48 but burns in redbook code I know it has nothing to do with CE but when I do my final mixdown for demo's the tascam shines thru as far as qaulity sounding CD like the pro's after I tweak it with CE for way too long but the end results is worth the wait. I like using real parametric and dynamic EQ's for final mixes I don't know why I quess I like the feel of real knobs.

twostone said:
I know that the Tascam 750 Burner samples at 24/48 but burns in redbook code I know it has nothing to do with CE but when I do my final mixdown for demo's the tascam shines thru as far as qaulity sounding CD like the pro's after I tweak it with CE for way too long but the end results is worth the wait. I like using real parametric and dynamic EQ's for final mixes I don't know why I quess I like the feel of real knobs.

Well, even the Tascam actually records at only 16 bit 44.1 khz. If you like the sound of the Tascam burns better, there may actually be a valid reason. You may actually like the sound of the Tascams converters. Yes it is an extra "generation" of conversion, but you may be liking the sound of the Tascams A/D in conjunction with your soundcards D/A converters. If however you are transfering your tracks digitally, you may be hearing the sound of the Tascam's dithering and down conversion. If you are already transfering at 16 bit 44.1 khz, than I am not sure exactly what it is the makes it sound any different.

DISCLAIMER: If you are reading this Mixie please understand that I probably and completely wrong about everything I just said. I am sure that I know nothing and bow at your feet for exposing me as the fraud that I am. For everyone else that may be reading this, the thought of a burner that allowed something readable in other CD players that was NOT 16 bit 44.1khz peaked my interest. As a result, I downloaded the manual for the Tascam 750 CD Burner. So, all this information is pretty much correct. Just don't tell Mixie. He won't be too happy to find out that we might actually know something. He might also have to reevaluate his statements concerning arrogance;)

Yea the Tascam burns 16/44 but it samples at 24/48 all my wavs are at this 24/48 sample rates and yes the converter dithers way better then my PC internal Burner plus it uses regular CDR and not CDR (music) Plus I heard the that some DVD recorders can record at higher sample rates I dunno never tried it but I heard through the grapvine that DVD is our next format for recording at higher sample rates, But my source is not that reliable who know's.

Back