Clipping when no clipping is present! :0

WEBCYAN

OK...I just got CEP last week. I've used CE2000 for the longest time so I understand how to use it and all, BUT...when I record multiple tracks somthing odd happens.

First I record me humming on track 1, and then I do the same thing on tracks 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Well, each individual track has no clipping in it at all, but when I play it together I can detect a slight buzzing noise that sounds just like clipping.
I thought it might be my humming combining to produce some wierd effect, so I tried other things like a guitar and it still sounds like its clipping when played together.

why? :(

also, how do you combine a multitrack thing into a single waveform

and...

how do you record in stereo. I can only get it to record in mono.

thanks. :)

The clipping is bec you have 5 tracks all sitting dead center at naught (0). Pan 2 left to 20 and 35 and 2 tracks to the right at 20 and 35 and the clipping will be gone.

You comebine multiple tracks into a single track by outlining the tracks like you would in MS word, right clicking outside the outline field and chosing the "selected tracks mixdown" etc

You can record in stereo by clicking on the 1 to the left of the record button for each track. Asign one track R and one track L. Press record on both. Alternatively, if you want a stereo wave of a single track you can outline a space, right click on the blank track thats not outlined, choose "create and empty waveform" , choose stereowave, etc

:)
thanks.
that was quite helpful.

I think another reason that there is "clipping" is due to my really crappy $20 speakers I got at circuit city... :(

I dont have the $ to get some high end monitors.

Back