Can I view my vocal process in single track view?

Jaiz

If you don't record in real time is there a way to go into the single track view, and see all the effects and settings that you've previously placed on the track? Cause I have old cool edit sessions from like 2 years ago where I love the sound of the vocal tracks, and want to know exactly what vocal process I used to make it sound so good. Any help would be appreciated, and happy new year to everyone :)

If you don't record in real time is there a way to go into the single track view, and see all the effects and settings that you've previously placed on the track? Cause I have old cool edit sessions from like 2 years ago where I love the sound of the vocal tracks, and want to know exactly what vocal process I used to make it sound so good. Any help would be appreciated, and happy new year to everyone

Not that I know of. If you added effects (eq, compression etc) in the edit view they wouldn't be realtime so as soon as you exit CEP then you cant undo any changes or view any of the changes because CEP only saves the effected audio file.

The only way to do what you want is to do it realtime in the multitrack which is useless for all the old stuff you've recorded.

Tukkis

Unless you had the session completely saved with the "undo feature" on. Isn't it possible that you could hit "undo" and then go back and hit "redo" and it will tell you what it undid?
Im pretty sure it saves seperate files with all of the undo data if you have it turned on.

Yeah i know the feature you're talking about but i'm not sure if it was in the old CEP versions? Maybe?

Tukkis

Tukkis said:
Yeah i know the feature you're talking about but i'm not sure if it was in the old CEP versions? Maybe?

Tukkis
Is that feature available in Audition 1.5? I haven't seen it....

I'd like to utilize it if possible.

I think that the "undo/redo" functions are only available until you exit the program. if you add 4 effects, you can undo/redo them as you wish until the program is closed. At that point, you have to save your work(or choose not to save) and when the program is re-opened, the effects that you added to the waves are not able to be undone.

the best thing to do is save all of your originals zipped in a seperate folder incase you corrupt a file. then you will always be able to get the original.

the best thing to do is save all of your originals zipped in a seperate folder incase you corrupt a file. then you will always be able to get the original.

Yeah that what I always do. Before mixing I backup the entire folder of the session onto a cd/dvd. Then I can come back to the individual tracks if one gets messed up during mixing or lost somehow.

Tukkis

Back