Can ANYONE tell me why my CEP keeps crashing, even upon reinstall!!!!!

dialtone

I upgraded the RAM to 1 gig and reinstalled everything, even XP. But CEP keeps getting this error after I close CEP.

"CEP has encountered a problem and needs to close"

under details it says this file will be included in this error report
C:DOCUME~1\dalton\locals~1\Temp\WER7.tmp\WER7.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Can anyone tell me what is going on, I am getting extremly frustrated as I keep getting this and cannot find out how to fix it.

I upgraded the RAM to 1 gig and reinstalled everything, even XP. But CEP keeps getting this error after I close CEP.

Can anyone tell me what is going on, I am getting extremly frustrated as I keep getting this and cannot find out how to fix it.

yes....i feel your frustration....understandable too.
You say you've reinstalled everything....I would suggest you do it again...making sure that the only program you have installed is CEP on the fresh window installation.....nothing else..no drivers..nothing...(not even a video driver, don't even worry about the resolution at this stage!)
Start from there.....remember, nothing else is to be installed.
Tell us how that goes.
Also, Are you re-installing XP onto a freshly, fully formatted drive?

Also, Are you 'overclocking' your system..(FSB speed increase?)..set that back to defaults, if you are!

we need to get your system back to basics first!!

Superspit.

Can you give us more details about your setup? Computer,processor, audio interface... Is this a new problem? Is this a new system? Has CoolEdit ever run correctly on this system? Did you look at that file (...appcompat.txt) and see what the contents were.

Reinstalling your OS and all is a major pain and if you have already done that it is probably not going to help to do it again.

Can you give us more details about your setup? Computer,processor, audio interface... Is this a new problem? Is this a new system? Has CoolEdit ever run correctly on this system? Did you look at that file (...appcompat.txt) and see what the contents were.

Reinstalling your OS and all is a major pain and if you have already done that it is probably not going to help to do it again.

O/S re-re-install???.....Just do it again...you've done it once, you can do it again!!!:)

Thanks guys!

First here are the specs, the only difference is that I reinstalled XP from the original 98, also I upgraded the RAM to 1 gig.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph06320&lc=en&cc=ca&dlc=en&product=60567

I will reinstall it and disable everything, I will see that option upon reinstalling I assume. Also the play button in cool edit is not working, which happened last time also.

And for today, Line 6 UX2 won't turn on, I switched to all other USB ports and everything else works but that, I am going to buy a new cord for it and hope that is the remedy.

I have never had this running on my PC successfully for more than a week. It is all a relatively new setup to me. I just need to get these bugs out. I appreciate all your help, rock on :)

Back