Buffer Sizes and Audition 2.0 Stutters

arcon

Hi, I'm having a problem with Adobe Audition 2.0 stuttering.
I do not have an ASIO sound card, so it's just using the Adobe emulated version.

The program is stuttering, and I've worked through the tech support on how to stop it, but to no avail.

I'm currently playing with buffer sizes. Apparently you want a small buffer size when recording.
For me:

A smaller buffer size increases stutter frequency, but shortens duration.

A larger buffer size decreases stutter frequency, but lengthens duration.

I downloaded a program called ASIO4All, but I can't get Adobe to start recording with it selected. It does however, find it, and I can select it.

Does anybody have any advice?

Bleh, my computer is plenty fast enough to run Adobe Audition 2. They meet and exceed the requirements.

Bleh, my computer is plenty fast enough to run Adobe Audition 2. They meet and exceed the requirements.

Hi, I'm having a problem with Adobe Audition 2.0 stuttering.

bih..bih.......bih.bih...buh......nnnnnnnngggggshhhh.........excellent!:D

cheers,
Superspit.

You are not going to like this but I think you should record in AA,5, Cool Edit or what ever
works with your card and then import your files to AA 2,0 and mix them.
You’ll eventually find the way how to record in AA 2,0 using
no ASIO drivers/cards but at some point after you’ll get frustrated again.
Take the time and prepare the files you’re going to use and just insert them all together to AA 2,0 session.
Use a BIG buffer size for mixing in AA 2,0 and you’ll love it.

I downloaded a program called ASIO4All, but I can't get Adobe to start recording with it selected. It does however, find it, and I can select it.

What sound card are you using? When you tell AA to use the Asio4All drivers in Setup / Audio Hardware Setup / all three tabs, then the card should use these drivers.

Back