best way to make something louder?

antman

well i got some main vocals that i want to make louder with least distort....whats the best method..... i just move up the track volume??

Indeed. :D

I did that one time in a mix. The vocal wasn't coming through clearly enough, so I lowered the flanking guitars a bit. Then I cut the bass. That sounded better, so then I lowered the backing vox a touch. In the end, what I'd done was cut everything but the vocal about .5 - 1 dB each. It worked lol.

crispycutz said:
lower everything else...:D
Yup.

Subtracting from the mix is always better than adding to it. You can always increase the overall volume of the track from the master fader, or do so in mastering.

GodOfPoetry83 said:
Its all right but if your a true hip hop head like my self you should use a better soft ware program bro
I was unaware that "true hip hop heads" had their own software. and where is the line that seperates a "hip hop head" from a "true hip hop head"? are there any other factors to consider???? :)

GodOfPoetry83 said:
Its all right but if your a true hip hop head like my self you should use a better soft ware program bro
Ok, junior. :rolleyes:

My new album has two songs that were tracked and mixed at Digital Insight in Las Vegas, NV on a professional Pro Tools setup. The 3 pro engineers who tested my mix and master, couldn't tell the difference between those two, and the ones recorded in my home studio...

It's not about the name brand, it's about how you use it. Idiot.

Problem with recorded file

Hello everyone... I have a recording of my grandpa speaking about his time on D-day and throughout the 2nd World War... But the recording is pretty quiet!! Does anyone know how i can make the recording louder? I think its too quiet

Its unfinished right now by the way and ive only put clips n pics to about 5:30
I cant give a link to the video!!
Please just search... oIIJOSHIIoNe on youtube and its the only video that ive uploaded

Thanks

It's cool to start your own thread but we can go from here.
Welcom by the way.
Two questions right off might be what format is the recording on, and 2nd would be how is the loudness of the voice vs the background noise? (It's a lot simpler if it's a clean but quiet recording.

Back