Bass Farting @!#$%&*

Dioxide

Ok here is my delima My bass player uses a Ibanez soundgear bass through a Peavey T-max bass head w/ a direct output wich I am running into my Peavy P.A. head into my Line in on my Soundblaster Live Card. My control program is Cool Edit Pro 1.1.

Problem being that when it records it really low and the lower notes fart pretty bad. I have tried using the mic in but I get alot of signal noise. Eqing doesn't seem to help either. I'm going for a Deftones type Bass sound if any one out there has listend to them. What can I do to clear this up?

Dioxide
"I'm wide awake inside you"

start eliminating equipment until you find out what it is...

My suspect... your peavy head. I record w/ a soundgear, though, and it has a pretty big range, EQ-wise. Make sure its not got its bass all cranked up or anything.

xooxx

Yep its the Peavey head. Run a line in from the Bass to the mixer that precedes the soundcard and record the bass straight into a separate cool edit track.

Make sure the volume is low, then compress the fook out of it with WAVES RCL. make sure the output wave file is totally squished and compressed up to 0 db.

Then, use "amplify" to do a 6 db CUT.

When you render it down it will sound nice and smooth.

Back