any1 wanna mix a 1min track for me?(learning purpose)

antman

k its rap.......i have shure ksm27 mic and blue tube preamp.... ive done alot of mixes myself.... but i have problem finding a good reverb(and i do have waves plugin) but i am more interested to see what setting would some1 else use on my voice.........i want to send the whole folder which consist of the beat 2 main vocal and adlib... untouched..... i got cable modem and i am on icq aim yahoo...this would really help me with my approach to tracks. the file is 17mb...... antman240(aim & yahoo)

i have winzip...not winrar...i may have something that will open .rar files though....

I do have a yahoo account but dont have yahoo messenger on my DAW and i just found out this morning that my CD burner in my other PC is have some problems. I also have a cable connection so 17 mb wont be a big problem but if you cant email it then ill probably have to pass....sorry.

I just downloaded from the link in your PM to me and it said invalid or corrupt file when i tried to use winzip to open it.

I got them working...

do all the tracks start at 0???

I had to shift the doubled vocal track a little but should they be already pretty much zeroed out with the music???

for the most part, the vocal tracks stayed below -13 or -14 but there were a few strays that went up to -10 or -9...I took care of them with hardlimiting rather than compression. It sounds like you tracked it with compression because there I can hear a little bit of "pumping" towards the beginning of the tracks. I dont know what plug-ins you have either so I used factory CEP/AA Quick Verb on one track and Waves Rverb on the other.

I scouped out the MP3 track a little...less than 3db, from 2khz to 6khz to make the vocals sit a little better. Also, I ran AA's noise reduction on the vocal tracks, the main track needed it worse than the doubled, but i used it on both.

Im just going to send you the session file back. All of the effects should still be applied since you already have the tracks. The only ones that may not work the same are the Rverb if you dont have waves plugins and the hardlimiting that i did was not in multitrack view...I did it in edit view but you can do that too if you want. Just hard limit the track to -14. Make sure your "boost input by" is at zero. I left the look ahead and realease at 20 and 50.

ya all tracks are at zero.....i know the adlibs were kinda off some......i have the waves plugin is possible for u too tell me the exact setting u use??especially for reverb......cant wait here how some1 else mix my vocals

If you have the same plug-ins as me, then when i send you the session file, it should open and apply the same effects in the same amounts that I did.

I hope that by that you are meaning the direction...as in pointing up??? if not....I dont understand...

Back