Wireless headphones

Pedullist

Stop it, I can't breathe
Man, I'm getting sick of all those cables and wires. I always forget I'm wearing a headphone when I'm recording so when I'm switching instruments chances are huge that I'm damaging my headphone cable. So I'm thinking about getting wireless headphones. Has anyone experience with these things? Are they good, or do they tend to interfere with the audio equipment?

I use a cheap pair if I'm lazy and don't wanna strech cables. As far as I can tell, there's no interference. But as usual: Mixing with headphones is a no-no, and wireless headphones are even worse...

I only use them for monitoring while recording, never while mixing.

I have a pair of wireless speakers and found that the panning was'nt true.
I would think that as long as you don't get any radio interference they'd be fine for tracking,but not for mixing.

Of course I'm talking about monitoring... :)

So I'm looking for good closed (don't know if that's the right term) wireless headphones. I suppose I'm the only one around here who wants them?

I think you need to dig deep to find wireless headphones with quality sound. I've heard my share, and I've yet to hear 'good sound' with wireless headphones...

And besides: Cables are half the fun! :D

So I dug deep, but I didn't find any good wireless headphones.

I needed a good closed system anyway (yay for new microphones), so I bought myself a cabled one (Ixos Ministry Of Sound). It's pretty good. Absolutely no leakage!

One problem thet will arise when tracking with wireless devices is that if you're tracking anything that's coming out of an amp, the BEST wireless device will inevitably produce more unwanted noise than the most average cables on the amp.
Carlos

Back