Where did my output go?

Hi! Help!
I usually use Calkwalk X2 for editing, not recording (I record on a Tascam DP24), however my band has an opportunity to record in a beautiful theater, so wanted to step up our game. I found us a used Tascam-1641 16ch interface so I can record 16 (14 actually as I learned) tracks, but now I'm recording straight into Calkwalk for the 1st time. I spent the last couple weeks practicing in my bedroom, but last night was the 1st (and only) practice session with the band before the big event.
I told you that story so I could tell you this one....
Last night everything tracked wonderfully, however I was not able to monitor post fader. Does that make sense? Pardon my newb-speak, I'm "self-taught" if anything. Basically, I can't hear during recording. We need the output for the vocals. I was able to get the pre-fader monitor, but that was EVERYTHING, not just the 1 track I want. I believe I was able to do this in my bedroom, but for some reason it didn't work last night.
The output worked, because I was able to hear playback. I don't know if this is a clue, but I was not able to output to a bus either. I was able to select my outputs from the bottom of the track strip, but nothing happened. If I route a track to the master bus, I didn't see any signal at the bus, similarly, if I route to OUT1, no signal made it to the amp.
Is this normal?

I had to run vocals through the PA 1st, and use an AUX Out to get back to the Tascam, but I'd rather go the other way around. We're recording "live" and I'm recording 2 different room mics, so I I'm hoping to use Eq, Compression, and a little tube pre from Calkwalk on the vocals.

I can try to explain better, but I know I'm rambling. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
-j

Back