Qwerty

Is this weird or what?

In Sonar 3.0 -

- Arm two or more sequential tracks for recording
- Have other tracks above and below the armed tracks
- Set up a loop
- Set your Record Options to save seperate takes in different tracks
- Hit record and play through a few takes

Now, when I press stop I would expect to get all the Track 5 takes inserted after the original track 5 and the track sixes inserted after its original track. Or even both tracks of take 1, then both tracks of take two etc., etc., etc.

What I actually get is track 5, then the same number of newly created empty tracks for each take I made and then another lot of new tracks each with both takes stacked up on top of each other.

Changing record options from Sound on sound to overwrite didn't seem to change the behaviour.

Anyone else seen this?

Ciao,

Q.

The "after" shot

- Track 15 and 16 were armed
- I did four takes
- I get four empty tracks inserted, (tracks 16 - 19)
- Tracks 20 - 23 contain both tracks for each take

That's when you start dragging......

:( Q.

Attachments

• after3.jpg
    after3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 98
Hmmm... It's sounds like... can you say...

B - U - G ??;)

Did Sonar 2 behave this way?

moskus said:

Did Sonar 2 behave this way?

No sir, it did not.

From memory each "set" of takes was stacked upon each other, ie. Track 1 - Take 1, Track 2 - Take 1, Track 1 - Take 2, Track 2 - Take 2 etc.

I have sent it in to support and shall see what they have to say for themselves and report back.

Ciao,

:) Q.

OK, it's a B - U - G........

From Cakewalk support -

This seems to be a bug in the software. I will pass your email onto
our developers. Thanks.

Andy Maddock
Cakewalk Technical Support

:) Q.

Yeah, they seem to have rushed the release... Well, I'll bet we'll see a 3.01 update soon. ;)

And I haven't even received the buggy 3.00 yet. Furthermore, I hate downloaded patches. I prefer when I can install directly from a cd. As it is installation is from cd, then off to the software company's site to download the latest patch, run the patch, reboot etc. Worst of all is when you have to run several patches when they are too lazy to give you a do-it-all patch.

tombuur said:
I prefer when I can install directly from a cd.
We all do. But is it one thing that computers have proved: No system is idiot-safe. Just ask Microsoft... ;)

Back