VST plugin, S/PDIF connection, and Sonar

balwan

I've got a Lexicon MX200, which I connect to my E-MU 1212m sound card using a spdif cable. The MX200 has a feature that allows it to exist as a VST plugin in Sonar, but I'm not sure how to configure it in Sonar to work properly.

How do I route the plugin to "tell" Sonar to route the audio track out to the MX200, and then return the processed audio back? Do you just use the effect as you would the software-based effects - by just adding it to the FX bin in the track which you want to add the effects? Very confused. Thanks for any help.

Sound on Sound reviewed this Lexicon unit in November 2005. Maybe the articles has some tips.

I would imagine, however, that the plug in is written just to be inserted on a track or bus like any other plug-in. It might have some options page to tell you which audio outputs to use. This is just supposition, however.

Do a search on this forum for it ,it has been talked about.

From what I've read it shows up just like a regular VST,but only controlling the parameters/settings.

I'm assuming the audio inputs/outputs have to be manually set,or perhaps you could set up a project template.

Back