VST Adapter doesn't work

Zona Mona

When I download a VST and use the adapter for HS2, it doesn't recognize the plugin, why? What can I do to fix this?

What dachay said...
You need to re-run the VST adapter to scan new installed VST before starting HS. Make sure adapter scans folder C:\Program files\Steinberg\VSTplugins, since most VST mostly installed there by default.

;)
Jaymz

... and I've heard of cases where people place the installation file or zip-file in the VST-folder. If you don't know it (I'm sure you do), you need to install/unpack it. ;)

i definately unzipped(tee hee) but it still doesn't recognize.

My vst's are just dll files, is everyone elses?

Zona Mona said:
i definately unzipped(tee hee) but it still doesn't recognize.

My vst's are just dll files, is everyone elses?

But did you register it with the VST adapter????

Yes, vst's are normally dll files. They should be placed in the same directory as your other vst files.

Zona Mona said:
i'm so sorry, but i don't understand what you mean by register
You have to re-run the VST adapter program itself everytime you install a new plug-in. During this process the adapter finds and "registers" all VST plugins that are available. If you don't do this, it will not recognize any new plugins you have installed.

Zona Mona said:
these were free downloads. I didn't install them I just exctacted them
:rolleyes: That's pretty much how you install VST's. Bottom line, you still need to register them with the VST adapter if you want them to show up in Sonar.

Zona,
Each time you add a new VST you have to start the adapter. Open the adapter, hit next, hit add, go to the location of the file and hit next. Or just let the adapter find the file by hitting next each time. Same stuff said before but you were confused by the term "register." Once done open whatever you are using, sonar or cakewalk.

Seeing now that you have posted this question on another thread, you do know how to use the adaptor. So something must be wrong with the files you downloaded.

jazzzione said:
Seeing now that you have posted this question on another thread, you do know how to use the adaptor. So something must be wrong with the files you downloaded.
that may be, thanks for all of youall's time

Back