Vintage plugins

Ponka

Hi,

I'm looking for some vintage 60's kind of warm lofi sound for my recordings. Wich plugins for/in Sonar 3 do you think works best for that sound?

I guess I should use some vintage plate/spring reverb and maybe some kind of tape echo effect. Please give me some advice what FX/plugins to use mostly on vocals (but maybe also on rythm guitarrs, snare drum etc since we recorded everything completly dry).

Thanx

Ponka, The Straydogs

Ponka said:
I guess I should use some vintage plate/spring reverb and maybe some kind of tape echo effect. Please give me some advice what FX/plugins to use mostly on vocals (but maybe also on rythm guitarrs, snare drum etc since we recorded everything completly dry).
I mostly use EQ, compression and reverb. :D

Read up on mixing: Studiocovers

:)

Thanx for the good tips...

Excuse me for this stupid question, but I am a really newbee at Sonar 3... How do I use those plugins with Sonar? Should I just install them or do I need some patch or VST Adapter?

//Ponka

Sonar is shipping with plugins for EQ (Sonar 3 even has EQ-per-Track), compression and reverb (a great reverb, if you have the Producer Edition).

The manual will explain this. It's pretty easy. :)

Cakewalk sells an fx package which includes - I think it's called - AmpSim and TapeSim. The TapeSim imparts something of an analog-tape character. It has parameters including tape speed, hiss, etc.. I'm not really into make-believe noise, but I have this package and it seems to do what it's supposed to.

If you don't have Sonar 3 or aren't using the vst adapter... you need to get it. There are just too many great free vst plugins out there to not to have vst capability in your DAW.

Once you do, I recommend Invada tube, voxengo tube amp, and anything from digitalfishphones. I could go on but I don't have time...

Back