Transferring Projects

malgovert

Hi

Busy last night transferring files to new computer when I spilled water over the old one, and it literally went up in a puff of smoke. Fortunately I had transferred all files from both drives, and although I hadn’t saved cwp’s in bundle format all the audio was still traceable and intact in the cwp files – the only thing missing were some of the effects so I was left with the raw audio in most cases when I opened them in SONAR Platinum, which I had just installed on the new machine. But what I notice is that the missing fx are not consistent – for example, on one project it says the Cakewalk VX-64 Vocal Strip cannot be found, but in another it is there, plain to see. Anyone know what might be causing this lack of consistency across different projects? Thanks.

Might be different version of the same add-on/plugin. I'm assuming the projects have been created with different versions of Sonar, and you've been upgrading Sonar as time moves on.

Cakewalk's forums might have a more definitive answer.

Have you done a manual VST RESET and a new manual VST SCAN with the Rescan failed plugins and Rescan Existing Plugins checked off?

Also, double check the VST Scan Paths prior to the RESET/RESCAN.

Glen

Thanks for the replies - both were helpful and I am kind of halfway there, although it is not picking up Guitar Rig 5. Could this be because I have the 64-bit version of Platinum installed?

I think that Sonar had problems classifying Guitar Rig 5 here. It scanned it OK, but didn't put it where I could find it in the Plug-In Layouts. You might want to check your default Plug-in layout to see if you just need to add it where YOU expect it.

Glen

Thanks for the replies - both were helpful and I am kind of halfway there, although it is not picking up Guitar Rig 5. Could this be because I have the 64-bit version of Platinum installed?

You have to run Sonar in 64 bit if running 64 bit plugins.

Back